The first step in putting together your virtual event is to create a normal event, with at least one ticket type and timeslot. That step puts sales online. After the initial event set up, from your Manage Events admin page open the "Select an Option" dropdown menu on the event, and select "Virtual Access" from the list [see screenshot above]. This takes you to the form to set up your virtual event page.
- Embed your Own: Using any service (Youtube, Vimeo, Twitch, Zoom, etc) you will be provided with an embed code for your video stream. Paste your embed code here to add the player to you page. Notes: 1) it is recommended to set the width to "100%" in your code to look best on all devices. 2) For YouTube videos add "?playsinline=1" (without the quotes) to the end of your video URL to prevent the video from taking over the full screen.
- Passage Streaming: Allows you to create your own stream. Saving the virtual access settings after selecting Passage Streaming will provide a Stream URL, Stream Name/Key, Login and Password that you can use in streaming encoders like Open Broadcaster Software (OBS), StreamYard, or Restream.io. These options will let you fully produce your stream, and connecting the Passage Streaming ID elements lets you keep it fully secure.
Note: We generally do not recommend using Zoom unless you need video chat to go both ways. Zoom is very low quality audio/video, doesn't directly allow embedding of the player, and it's actually easier to use a high-quality streaming platform to give your viewers the best experience possible!
Additional Virtual Access Settings
- Description: Add any details you'd like to include on the page along with the stream. The description is displayed below the embedded content. You can include text, images, or links.
- Limit number of streams to number of tickets purchased: Recommended for enforcing a paywall for your event. When selected a user will only be able to have open as many streams as they purchased.
- Live Chat: When turned on the live chat will appear to the right of the streaming video on desktop, or below the stream on mobile. Allows the streamer to interact with fans watching at home, and save messages for later.
- Allow Donations: Select this option to have a donation button on the virtual event page. It will also display to the right of the player on desktop, below on mobile. Donations can only be made in full dollar amounts.
- Minimum Donation Amount: Left blank this will let users donate as low as $1. You can enter a higher minimum amount if you'd like.
- Payment Button Text: Customize your donation button text. By default this is "Donate"
- Payment Title Text: Add a message seen by users after clicking the donate button.
- Show Amount Raised: Select this option to show a running tally of the donations made during the stream.
- Grant Access to the Following Ticket Types: Ticket types selected here will provide a link to the virtual event page when purchased. This choice allows you to sell both "real world" and virtual tickets for the same event.
For example, you can sell a 'General Admission' ticket type (not selected) for people to attend the show in person, and an 'Online Admission' (selected) for people who cannot attend or rather watch from home.