Customers are calling and wanting to purchase tickets over the phone. Can I take credit/debit card payments and sell tickets to my customers over the phone?
Yes, you can! We have built in Admin Transactions for just this purchase. This feature allows you to choose the date & time, ring up a customers order, assign their name to the tickets, and enter the email address where the tickets will be delivered to the customer. Like all online sales, Admin Transactions can accept any of the four major card types: American Express, Mastercard, Visa, or Discover.
You can access the Admin Transactions to sell tickets from two places:
- The Manage Events screen. Open the "Select an Option" dropdown menu on your event and choose "Sell Tickets"
- The Upcoming Events view. Pick an upcoming event time, click the down arrow next to the "View Guest List" button, and select "Sell Tickets" from the list.
Coming through the Manage Events screen, you will be asked to select a timeslot first. Otherwise, the process to sell tickets through Admin Transactions is identical.
1) Enter the customers First and Last Name to appear on the tickets and in the guest list. Then enter the email at which to send them tickets.
2) Select the ticket types and quantity to add to the customers order. Also, if you have any custom field questions set up, you can enter that information to add to the order here.
3) Review the order and enter the customer's credit/debit card information to complete payment. Since this is an online, card-absent transaction the CVV code, Expiration Date, Street Address & Zip Code are all required to protect against potentially fraudulent transactions. Fill in the credit card form and click purchase to process the transaction. The receipt/ticket email will immediately be sent to the customer, and you'll be given options to review the just completed transaction, or start a new transaction.