Can I create multiple promo codes at the same time?
Yes, you can! As long as the promo codes have the same settings, you can upload a list of codes and create them all at once. All you need to make this happen is a .CSV file with your list of discount codes listed in a single column. Services like Groupon and Living Social will provide your lists of codes in this format, or you can create and manage .CSV files in any spreadsheet program.
Once you have your .CSV file, you can upload the codes for a specific event or to be used across an entire venue.
- To upload for a specific event, click the Events tab in your admin dashboard and select Manage. Choose the "Promo Codes" option from the "Select an Option" dropdown menu on your event, then the "Upload CSV" button in the left-hand sidebar.
- To upload the list as venue-wide promo codes, first head to your Venues tab. Then click on the "Promo Codes" link on your venue.
Next, enter your promo codes' settings (Note: these settings will be individually applied to each code created):
- Type: Choose either Dollars or Percent for your discount type.
- Amount: How much of a discount do you want to give the customer? (Tip: use "100" for a 100% discount, not 1)
- Total Allowed Uses: If you want to limit the number of times the discount can be used, enter that limit here. For instance, if you want to limit use to only 8 tickets, enter "8" here
- Max Uses Per Order: This is the number of tickets in each order the promo code discount should apply to. When uploading Groupon or Living Social codes, it is recommended to set this number the same as Total Allowed Uses.
- Availability: Choose whether this discount can be applied to online ticket sales, in-person ticket sales, or to have it available for purchases made everywhere.
- Auto-Apply Quantity: NOT RECOMMENDED FOR BULK UPLOADS. If a number is entered in this field, then the discount will automatically be applied when a customer purchases at least that many tickets without having to enter the code at checkout. This means it is best to leave this field blank when creating multiple codes with the same settings.
- Valid Start / End Date: Limit the use of these codes over a specific time period. This is useful if your Groupon or Living Social promotion has a set date range of operation. Select the day you want this promo code to become activated in the "Valid Start Date" field, and the day you want the promo code to stop being accepted in the "Valid End Date" field. Customers will only be able to use this promo code at purchase during that timeframe.
After your settings are in, click the "Upload CSV" button and select the .CSV file of your codes to upload. Then, select the ticket types below for which you want these discounts to apply. Place a check in the box next to the ticket type to allow the codes to be used; leave the checkbox empty to not allow the promo codes to be used on that ticket type.
Hit the "Submit" button, and you're done! Your full list of promo codes will be created and ready to use in a few minutes.
Groupon/Living Social example: 100% off the first 8 tickets purchased using a code provided in the uploaded .CSV file