Do you run multiple events at your venue and want to use the same discount for each? Good news, you do not have to go in and create promo codes individually for each event. Instead, you can set up promo codes one time on the venue, and these codes will be automatically assigned to every event held event at the venue. If an event also has a unique discount, you will be able to set that up as a promo code on the individual event (info here). Note: If identical promo codes are created for both a venue and event, the event code's settings will override the venue's.
To set up a venue-wide promo code, head over to the venue section of your admin dashboard and click the "Promo Codes" link on your venue. This will take you to the page to create a venue-wide discount code. Then, fill in the options on screen with the settings you want:
- Type: Choose either Dollars or Percent for your discount type.
- Amount: How much of a discount do you want to give the customer? (Tip: use "20" for a 20% discount, not 0.2)
- Code: Assign the code customers will enter to get the discount. Use any combination of letters and numbers. This will not be case sensitive.
- Total Allowed Uses: If you want to limit the number of times the discount can be used, enter that limit here. For instance, if you want to limit use to the first 100 customers, enter "100"
- Max Uses Per Order: This is the number of tickets in each order the promo code discount should apply to. Leave blank if you want it to apply to all tickets in order.
- Availability: Choose whether this discount can be applied to online ticket sales, in-person ticket sales, or to have it available for purchases made everywhere.
- Minimum Quantity: Easily set up group discounts! Enter a number in this field, and it will require the customer to have at least that many tickets in cart for the code to be used and the discount applied.
- Auto-Apply Discount: Can be used in conjunction with Minimum Quantity. When selected the discount will automatically be applied when a customer purchases at least that many tickets (note: if minimum quantity is blank, this will apply to any number of tickets). When auto-apply quantity is used, the promo code itself will not need to be entered during online checkout.
- Valid Start / End Date: Want to offer a discount only over a specific time period? This option lets you do just that! Select the day you want this promo code to become activated in the "Valid Start Date" field, and the day you want the promo code to stop working in the "Valid End Date" field. Customers will only be able to use this promo code at purchase during that timeframe.
Make sure to select the "Enabled" checkbox, then hit the "Create Promo Code" button. Once you've created the code, you will be able to choose which ticket types the promo code can be applied on. Select the checkbox next to a ticket type to assign the promo code to this ticket type; deselect the checkbox to not allow the discount to be used on it.
We track the number of times every discount code is used, so you can see which code (or marketing campaign) worked the best. This can also be a great feature for setting up “referral” tracking. For instance, let’s say you come to an arrangement with a blogger that you’ll pay them $1 for every ticket that is sold based on their blogging. But how can you be sure a sale came from them? Give that blogger a special promo code to use, and tally up the number of times it’s used to make a purchase!