The SportsEngine widget builder provides an action button (i.e. "Buy Tickets," "View Schedule", etc) for you to place on your website by simply copying and pasting a few lines of code. You can customize the appearance of the button, and choose which page to direct the action to. The options include a venue page, all events page, individual event page, a list of timeslots / calendar, or one specific event time. When a customer clicks the widget button it will pop up the desired option on top of the current page, keeping your customers on your website while checking out. Get to the SportsEngine widget builder from the "Promote" tab in your admin area.
Steps to create a widget:
Step 1: Choose a widget type
- Floating Button displays above the content, stays on screen when scrolling, and can be positioned in any corner of the page.
- Inline Button will be added to a specific spot in your web page.
Step 2: Select page source
- All events: a list of every upcoming event on your account
- Venue: venue page details and list of list of upcoming events at the venue
- Event: main event page with description, etc
- List of time slots or calendar, also includes bundles
- Specific event time
Step 3: Customize button appearance
- Set the button background color, text color, border color (optional), and desired text to display on the button.
- Set the button shape. Options include rectangle, rounded rectangle, or circle.
- Set the button position (Floating Button only) to upper left, upper right, lower left, or lower right.
Step 4: Copy the widget code and paste it into your SportsEngine website
- Add a new Code page element
- Paste your widget code into the Code element